The Empire State Games
The development team and many members of the national team competed in the Empire State Games last night. It was good to get our first real competition out of the way. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the ESG, they are a NY state funded Olympic-style games complete with medals, free uniforms, and opening and closing ceremonies. Neither Bill nor I did as well as we were expecting. Bill had two bad runs and was pretty bummed. I had a terrible start on my first run and although my second run was my best time to date I had set myself back too much on the first run. We finished within 0.25 seconds of each other and weren't too far off the best guys on the development team but it was disappointing because I think we both know we should be beating these other guys. Oh well........I'll have the regional championships next week to redeem myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home